Hi,

I've been trying with my limited set of skills to get most packages and libraries up to date but I'm getting stuck on these below since they have a lot patches and I can't adapt these for current versions or even make out if they're all even needed. Since there's going to be a release later on I think it's a good idea to keep everything up to date even if it may cost a bit of storage space since it's going to help porting new software and easier to report bugs etc upstream if needed. I also think that if we're going to do this we should get it in tree as soon as possible so there's time to fix occasional issues that may occur. If anyone wants to take a stab at these I think it would be beneficial to the project in the end.

tools/libtool - Move to 2.4.6
tools/lzma-old - Move to 4.32.7 (http://tukaani.org/lzma/) ? I'm not sure how "old" this needs to be, newer versions are also available at the link below (sourceforge.net). tools/lzma - Move to 16.03 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/files/LZMA%20SDK/) ?
tools/mkimage - Move to a newer snapshot, reduces amount of patches?
tools/mklibs - Move to 0.1.42
tools/squashfs4 - Update to 4.3

package/utils/mdadm - Update to 3.4
package/utils/fuse - Update to 2.9.7
package/utils/lua - Update to 5.3.3 (some lang regressions may occur?)
network/utils/iproute2 - Update to 4.7.0
network/utils/iptables - Update to 1.6.0
network/utils/iw - Update to 4.7
network/utils/tcpdump - Update to 4.8.0

libs/elflibs - Update to 0.167
libs/gettext-full - Update to 0.19.8
libs/libiconv-full - Update to 1.14
libs/libpcap - Update to 1.8.0
libs/ncurses - Update to 6.0
libs/libbsd - Update to 0.8.3 (needs a.out.h, I got stuck on that)
libs/libtool - Update to 2.4.6 (needs m4, blocking)

Best regards,
Daniel Engberg