Rosen Penev <> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:31 AM, Bjørn Mork <> wrote:
>> Rosen Penev <> writes:
>>> curl is more common than GNU wget is.
>> No.
> Yes.

How about throwing in an actual argument why you think it is?  Or why it
makes curl a better choice than e.g. firefox, which also is quite
popular on the example systems you've mentioned.

>>> For example, Cygwin, Arch Linux, and my android phone all come with
>>> curl by default whereas wget is missing.
>> wget has priority "important" in Debian, while curl is "optional".
>> I don't think it makes much sense to tune the installation system for
>> some weird distros no one actually use to build OpenWrt.
> Arch Linux is what I use to build OpenWrt.

OK, one user then.

> I've already made my case that curl is more common.

No you have not.  You have made an unsubstantiated claim. Please fix
the Arch Linux defaults instead if this is a problem for you.

Lede-dev mailing list