Thanks, Craig. It's nice to find this community of committed users. I don't
have any grudge against emacs, but I just fell in with a vim crowd when I
started using Unix. :-)

I've been using Sublime to start this thing. I found the ledger syntax
highlighter and with that and word-completion, it works well so far. I like
hand entering that way. Later was thinking I might write a small program to
quickly enter new transactions in my format from the cmd line. I'm using
git which should help keep things from getting irretrievably corrupted.

I've budgeted in kmymoney by letting it show scheduled transactions 6
months into the future. Thinking I'll write a scheduler program and hold
those future transactions in a separate file. That's not a priority.

So for now I'm thinking about how to balance the books with my credit card
in a convenient way. I recently switched to a Mac and have determined I
need to keep things more simple.