On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:23:26 PM UTC+2, Daniel Martins wrote:

> I'm sorry for digging up this matter.
> I've managed to build ledger on cygwin just now. Here are the steps I've
> taken, just in case anybody is interested:
>

>    - On reports.h
>       - Comment lines #791 to #808
>       - Comment line #810
>    - On quotes.cc
>       - On line #65, replace #ifndef WIN32 with #if 0
>    - On times.cc
>       - Comment lines #36 and #38
>    - On strptime.cc
>       - Comment lines #16 and #189
>       - Replace every single occurrence of strnicmp by strncasecmp
>       - Add #include <strings.h>
>
> Hope this helps! ;)
>

> On Saturday, 11 August 2012 21:03:34 UTC+1, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
>>
>> I've just cloned the gitub ledger repo.
>>
>> Running ./acprep udpate on cygwin results in:
>>
>> $ ./acprep update
>> acprep: INFO: Invoking primary phase: update
>> acprep: INFO: Executing phase: update
>> acprep: INFO: Executing phase: pull
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 776, in emit
>>     msg = self.format(record)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 654, in format
>>     return fmt.format(record)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 436, in format
>>     record.message = record.getMessage()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 306, in getMessage
>>     msg = msg % self.args
>> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>>

>> I would appreciate advice how to finish the build

This looks interesting, did look into some of these files previously, but
did not try all this out. I had a hard time getting ledger installed in
cygwin, but found out this worked for me:

Update CMakeLists.txt with this:

add_definitions(-std=c++11 -U__STRICT_ANSI__)

Then you can run "./acprep --python update" and it gets installed. It does
not link up the ledger.exe files in /usr/bin correctly with the
libledger-3.dll thought so I had to do that manually.

 Jostein