Craig Earls <ender...@gmail.com> writes:

> That explains it. Xact requires an argument. Give it part of a payee
> you are interested in and it will provide you a prototype with the
> last xact using that payee.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: it doesn't *ever* return anything, no matter what
the argument. So with this posting in my ledger file:

06/19 * Starbucks
    Expenses:Food:Cafe                           5.15 USD
    Assets:Cash

All of these invocation return the exact same value: a blank newline,
and the 0 exit code:

ledger xact
ledger xact Starbucks
ledger xact Starbucks cafe 8