Martin Michlmayr <t...@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Eric Abrahamsen <e...@ericabrahamsen.net> [2014-06-19 22:05]:
>> ledger --sort=d --cleared xact starbucks
>>
>> Gives me the blank line. Is this because of the particular flags I've
>> got in my config file, or because xact isn't meant to take any
>> command-line flags?
>
> The problem is that the transaction generated by xact is not cleared
> but you specify --cleared, which means that uncleared transactions are
> not shown.
>
> Maybe xact should ignore --cleared.  Doesn't seem to make much sense,
> but who knows.

Aha! Thanks for that. Specifying -U or --uncleared for the ledger xact
command, with my rc file in place, still doesn't give me any results --
I would have expected the command-line switch to override the rc file
directive. Anyway, at least I know what the problem is, thank you! I'll
remove --cleared from the rc file for now: it was only a minor
convenience anyway.