I'm in the process of transitioning from Gnucash to Ledger (as keeping
Gnucash working consistently on MacOS is challenging, despite the best
efforts of the MacPorts folks).

I will miss Gnucash's support for scheduled transactions, though, if I
can't figure out a good way to do this in Ledger.  That is, I'd like to be
able to set up a transaction that automatically charges a specific amount
to my credit card every month on the 13th, say.  From the ledger-mode
manual, I see that ledger-mode at least has some support for this, but this
section is still a work in progress.

I've played around with the feature, and I see how to make it work for
transactions that always occur on the same day of the month.  One question,
though: is there support for scheduling transactions to occur, for example,
every 2 weeks?  I don't see an obvious way to work that into the
generalized date notation [*/*/13].  I took a look at ledger-schedule.el,
and the definition of ledger-schedule-descriptor-regex appears to allow
more sophisticated specifications than that, but it's going to take me a
while to puzzle out exactly what's going on here.  A very superficial
reading of ledger-schedule-constrain-day and related functions suggests
that not all of the features allowed in the regex are currently supported.

(Ledger 3.0.3-20140608, MacOS 10.9.4, for what it's worth.)

Thanks!

Richard