On 7/10/14 8:59 AM, Martin Blais wrote:
> I *never* need to synthesize a new transaction. Cut-n-past works fine.
>
> Why do you need this?
> Why isn't cut-n-paste enough?
> What are you doing differently from me?

Predicting the future?
I can't speak for the others, but I have set up several recurring payments (pay
as you go), so
I need monthly or bi-monthly transactions. I typically cut'n'paste every year
in January, but
since I've seen the ideas here, no more! The first one isn't so bad, but it is
still super tedious
to go and change the month on twelve entries. Then the second one has to be
interleaved with the
first, and then the month changed on that. I've tried doing it month at a time,
but that is annoying
with the bimonthly payments. Not sure why I never thought to script it, I guess
for once-a-year it
didn't seem worth it. :-)

-=Doug