Assuming you start it out as:

Assets:Cash $600
Liability:Unearned Revenue $-600

Then if you use B over six months you end up with:

* $600 in Assets:Cash, which is correct
* $600 in Revenue:Serviced Revenue which looks correct intuitively but is
not correct, since it should be a negative number
* $-1200 in Liability:Unearned Revenue, which is incorrect.

The only time money really moved is when you do the initial setup and put
the $600 in Assets:Cash.

Every six months afterwards, the goal is to get rid of the $-600 in
Liability:Unearned Revenue.  You can think of Liability:Unearned Revenue as
a credit card account and you'd be pretty close to the truth of the
matter.  The monthly $100 is like a credit card payment.  So it comes from
Revenue:Serviced Revenue and goes toward paying off the credit card, or in
this case, Liability:Unearned Revenue.  That's why A works out to $0 in
Liability:Unearned Revenue at the end of the six months.  If you follow B,
that's like putting another $100 charge on the card monthly.