On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 1:05:45 AM UTC-7, unices wrote:

> Hello Michael,
> I find the Ledger Python module quite handy for custom needs
> such as exports or reports.
>
> Can you show me an example of your Python attempt and describe
> what you were missing from it or what didn't work for you?
>

> Alexis

Yes, as described before, it segfaults on "import ledger". Here is a
transcript:

$ ipython
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 14 2015, 19:46:27)

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

In [1]: import ledger
Segmentation fault: 11

I did not GDB it. I get the impression that python support is too early in
development and that I shouldn't rely upon it.

My ledger was installed from homebrew on OSX Yosemite.