Hi,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:59:07 -0300 Alexandre Rademaker wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:48:57 -0700 Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> >> The other solution would be use to an UUID tag; if two transactions
> >> have the same UUID, ledger will ignore one.
> >
> > Uh, for me this only works if the UUID tag is set *above* the
> > postings... if the UUID tag is set below the postings, the second
> > one is not ignored.
>
> Can you give an example? Not clear...

This one:
----
2016-03-23 Test
  ; uuid: foo
  Expenses:A  100 EUR
  Assets:B

2016-03-23 Test 2
  ; uuid: foo
  Expenses:A  100 EUR
  Assets:B
----
works and shows a balance of "100 EUR" for "Expenses:A".

This one:
----
2016-03-23 Test
  Expenses:A  100 EUR
  Assets:B
  ; uuid: foo

2016-03-23 Test 2
  Expenses:A  100 EUR
  Assets:B
  ; uuid: foo
----
shows a balance of "200 EUR" for "Expenses:A".

Note that the "uuid" tag is recognized as a tag correctly, as
  ledger reg tag uuid=foo
lists the transactions (one for the first example, both for the second
one) properly.

Tobias