"John Wiegley" <jo...@newartisans.com> writes:

> BF> Are you de-coupling the release cycles, or will ‘ledger’ and
> BF> ‘ledger-mode’ still track the same version and release at the same
> BF> time? How will that be managed?
>
> They don't need to be exactly synced

So, my question was based on the assumption that until now they are both
on a single release cycle, and both have an identical version at all
times. Is that assumption correct?

> unless there is a change in the data protocol used between them, or in
> the reporting arguments. But all of that is very stable now.

When the split occurs, will the versions mean what they do today by
remaining in lock-step at each release? Or will they diverge?

--
 \       “Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not |
  `\            entitled to their own facts.” —US Senator Pat Moynihan |