> I do not know what went wrong, but I am unable to browse the history of the
> *content* of the commits of ledger-mode.texi. Either via github, or via
> magit, I can see the *header* (date, commit message) of the commit, but I am
> unable to browse the content of the commit, that is what was actually
> changed by the commit. Is is something that can be restored ?

I see contents for some of the commits, for example:

https://github.com/ledger/ledger-mode/commit/440de1d9acf8080f5d690f8581139c635c58fa9b

This history was produced by git-subtree, so it's possible some of them may
have ended up empty.  I forgot to squeeze out empty commits after the
extraction had completed.

John