Hello

I am trying to make my ledger files generate reports similar to what my
accountant does for my small business.

One problem I have is with the <commodity revalued> I get in the register
reports.  In my business document, the capital gain always shows up at the
end of the year with one transaction per asset account to adjust the amount
to the current market value.  We use HongKong dollars for all the values,
using the market value of the posting date.

So for example if I have the following ledger file:

===================
D 1,000.00 HKD
P 2015-01-01 EUR 1.00 HKD

2015-01-01 opening
     Assets:HSBC:EUR    1,000.00 EUR
     Equity:Opening         -1,000.00 EUR {=1.00 HKD}
     Income:Exchange

2015-01-02 some income at 1 EUR = 1 HKD
     Assets:HSBC:EUR     1.00 EUR
     Income:A                  -1.00 EUR   {=1.00 HKD}
     Income:Exchange

P 2015-02-01 EUR 2.00 HKD

2015-03-02 some income at a 1 EUR = 2 HKD
    Assets:HSBC:EUR     1.00 EUR
     Income:B                 -1.00 EUR {=2.00 HKD}
     Income:Exchange
================

The balance report I get from ledger is correct:

> ledger -f test2.journal bal -V
        2,004.00 HKD  Assets:HSBC:EUR
       -1,000.00 HKD  Equity:Opening
       -1,004.00 HKD  Income
             -1.00 HKD       A
             -2.00 HKD       B
       -1,001.00 HKD       Exchange
--------------------
                   0

However I cannot get a register report of my assets the way my accountant
does.  What I want is something like that:

ledger -f test2.journal reg -V Assets
15-Jan-01     opening                             Assets:HSBC:EUR
1,000.00 HKD 1,000.00 HKD
15-Jan-02     some income
Assets:HSBC:EUR                 1.00 HKD 1,001.00 HKD
15-Mar-02     some income
Assets:HSBC:EUR                 2.00 HKD 1,003.00 HKD
31-Dec-02     Exchange difference           Assets:HSBC:EUR
1,001.00 HKD 2,004.00 HKD

Instead ledger will add <Revalued> entries each time the EUR/HKD exchange
changes.

Is there a way to achieve that?

Guillaume