Greetings

Not sure how to phrase the request so apologies if I'm doing a poor job.

I'm finding that I often get a receipt with multiple same items (plus others).
To create an amount I need to multiply the cost of each item by the
total number of items and then apply the sales tax to this subtotal.

To date I've being doing this using a calculator on the screen. Today
tried to use a mathematical expression to achieve the same without
needing to move back and forth on the system. (Ledger is on a VM that
is using 1 monitor and the calculator is on a separate monitor.)
Tried:

=((2.21*6)*1.08)              and
((2.21*6)*1.08)

neither of which then display the resultant.

Is there some way to do this in ledger?

(The more I try to use ledger's features the more impressed I become!!
Any ideas on the eta for ledger 4.0?)

TIA

Dee