>>>>> "o" == o1bigtenor  <o1bigte...@gmail.com> writes:

o> So - -- from your perspective you don't see a value in having something
o> defined that would help with the date paid, date cleared, date issued (more
o> for invoicing) as a specific 'data type' available for use?

Not as part of the internals of Ledger, no. As something in the form of
external scripting, such as by using the Python support, sure.

o> I understand that you see C++Ledger as a 'simple' tool - - - I think it is
o> a tool that appears simple but has the framework to do even more. (To use
o> the analogy of a calculator it looks like perhaps just a 4 function machine
o> and then when you dig a little deeper you see the scientific functions and
o> then deeper yet you find the statistical functions and the vector/polar
o> calculations and and and. This is how I see ledger - - - its a tool with
o> little showing on the surface but there is a vast world below!)

You might want to give beancount a look, since it has much more of an
accounting focus.