Hi,

I've stumbled upon your software which seems awesome so far.

Reading the doc, I fail to understand what advantages using codes has over
just using tags.

Mainly I'd like to track entries possibly via a transaction code, possibly
using a prefix to distinguish the payment type, here I use 'chk' to imply I
paid with a check.

Considering this sample ledger:

---

2017/05/24 (chk=123) KFC
  ; chk: 124
Expenses:Food:Restaurant                       20
Assets:Checking Account                       -20

2017/05/23 (chk=123) KFC
  ; chk: 124
Expenses:Food:Restaurant                       19
Assets:Checking Account                       -19

---

This is the output I get:

```console
user@host:~$ ledger -f ~/test.ledger reg code chk=123
17-May-24 KFC              Ex:Food:Restaurant         20         20
                           ..Checking Account        -20          0
17-May-23 KFC              Ex:Food:Restaurant         19         19
                           ..Checking Account        -19          0
```

```console
user@host:~$ ledger -f ~/test.ledger reg tag chq=124
17-May-24 KFC              Ex:Food:Restaurant         20         20
                           ..Checking Account        -20          0
17-May-23 KFC              Ex:Food:Restaurant         19         19
                           ..Checking Account        -19          0
```

The behavior is the same, although I understand I'm just searching for a
fixed value with the code prefix hack.

Am I missing something?