> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:59:23 +0200
> From: Martin Michlmayr <t...@cyrius.com>
>
> * Paulo Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmor...@gmail.com> [2017-09-11 04:33]:
> > 2017-06-13 Car fuel
> > Expenses:Auto:Fuel                     36.21 GAS
> > Assets:Checking
> >
> > The gas station usually gives me a discount of 0.06% and I want to know how
> > can I use the full value and apply the discount.
>
> You could use something like this:
>
> (I see a mistake and did 6% instead of 0.06%, but the principle is the
> same)
>
> 2017-06-13 Car fuel
>     Expenses:Auto:Fuel                  36.21 GAS @ $3.199
>     Income:Discounts                                -$6.95 ; 6% discount
>     Assets:Checking                               -$108.89

Does it count as income, which might therefore be taxable, or as a
reduction in the expense, which would not be?  I would be inclined to
say the latter, but I'm not a tax lawyer, and I'm definitely not your
tax lawyer.

2017-06-13 Car fuel
    Expenses:Auto:Fuel                         36.21 GAS @ $3.199
    Expenses:Auto:Fuel:Discounts              -$6.95
    Assets:Checking                         -$108.89

(or just Expenses:Auto:Fuel if you don't care to record how much of it
was discounted)