MM> Yeah, I know, but this is in line with John's "ledger is just a
MM> calculator" philosophy and people should build business logic on top
MM> (which never really happened, partly because the Python interface isn't
MM> quite ready).

Yes, Martin is right, I intentionally do not decide what the business logic
for an application of Ledger should be, even though it's commonly used as an
accounting tool. I feel this generality allows the user to define what they
want things to mean, rather than imposing structure. This, of course, has its
downsides if the user would prefer more internal structure, for which
beancount offers a very nice alternative.

John