On Thursday,  9 Feb 2023 at 11:40, John Wiegley wrote:
> I was thinking of creating a separate tool for translating specially formatted
> Org-mode files into Ledger files. For example, this entry:

Why not just use ob-ledger?  Then your entry would look like

#+PROPERTY: header-args:ledger :tangle ledgerfile

* Adobe Acrobat Pro
:PROPERTIES:
:ID:       076497DC-45F7-43EC-BFDA-00177EFC3C0D
:CREATED:  [2023-01-25 Wed 21:40]
:END:
#+begin_src ledger
  2023-01-10 Adobe Acrobat Pro
     Expenses:Administrative                   $33.59
     Equity:Admin:Somebody
#+end_src

The only negative aspect would be having to repeat the description of
the entry.

Tangling would create the ledgerfile which you can then process using
other babel src blocks or directly with ledger on the command line.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-01-06) on Debian 11.5