I doubt that he is on probation.
I also think that it is unfair and not realistic.

Grayson reminds  me of Becchio.
Both do what they are supposed to do and get criticised because it should
look better.
In two season SG has done what he was supposed to do.

It is not fair to move the goalposts. Last season was about going up and we
did.
This season was about staying up and we did.
Sure we all hoped and prayed but we all knew in our heart of hearts that we
are in no way ready to go up and would have come straight down again.
 We all worried that with Beckford gone we wouldn't score. Yet we did.

Next season: We have a an attack; We have a gaol keeper; We hope that Lees,
Aidy White and the South American guy [ forget his name ] will be at least
squadies. Not to mention Parker and hopefully Knisborough [or however he
spells it].
We need three good signings and we have  a good team.

I was also asking questions of Grayson. There are things that alarm me. But
I took a step back and had a good think.
So far he has spotted problems and solved them.
Fairness says, unless we implode next year that he deserves two full seasons
more.
Stability and building are the keys.

My real fear is the quirks and shenanigans of Bates. Here we are on
quicksands.  The ownership issue will not go away. And nor it should.
I asked myself who has any incentive to hide his identity, why would he do
so, what are the possibilities that a guy of Bate's ilk does not know who he
is working for, is it conceivable that someone is being economical with the
truth and if so who and why?

I arrived at my own answers and I am sure that every one else can arrive at
answers too.
I am sure any future buyer will do the same and head for the hills.
And that is our true problem.

Michael

Dr Michael Benjamin,
Community Psychiatrist