I was outside the turnstiles in that fenced off square that the mounted police
kept forcing more and more people into. I remember the barriers buckling under
the pressure and realising that if I got a foot caught in them and went down,
there was no getting up again. Not long after that I realised my feet were no
longer on the floor and I couldn't move my arms, all I could do was put my head
back and look upwards. I started to get tunnel vision at that point and had
already resigned myself to being crushed to death. To this day, I can still
feel the release of pressure as the fence on the far side buckled and gave way.

I really felt for those poor bastards at Hillsboro, when ever I see any of that
footage it takes me back to that day in Birmingham.

You are quite right about the WMP that day too, some of those fuckers should
have been up on a manslaughter charges for the death of that lad.