Started off the Worldnet weekend by not being allowed on the plane from
Amsterdam (security queues too long), finally getting there to encounter a
wierd "pre-pay" taxi system, available to any who wished to brave the
torrential downpour and then at last - Boddington Hall. A quick lie down -
bugga, all of a sudden it's 2 in the morning.

Still - I could take my Satdi morning pre-match asprins without a hangover
to dilute their effectiveness.

Met up with the rest of the Lards - didn't know anyone though I think I've
mt Dean, the team manager, before - possibly the last time I came to
Worldnet. They all looked at me as if I was from another planet when I got
the Slivovitz out as a pre-match warmup.

First match Arsenal. We actually played very well. we were very organised,
defended in depth and rarely allowed them a sniff of an opportunity.They
still scored though and we couldn't so 0-1. BTW their scorer had done
nothing all match - the goal at the end of the second half was almost his
first proper touch. I watched Arsenal's next match, same again same bloke
scored after not being in it at all. This was unlike us. Our forwards and
midfield worked their socks off all weekend for just one goal over five
matches. That's a Richard Walker conundrum ;)

Second match Bury. For the first five minutes, everything we did right in
the first match we did wrong. Bury quickly scored 2 while we weren't
organised. The idiot who was playing right back was dropped from the defence
and didn't go back for the rest of the tournament ;) The rest of the match
was even, in fact we were getting on top and had several chances when Bury
scored a third on the break.0-3

Third match Ipswich.Some of the fatest players at worldnet though their
average age was appreciably less than ours (we must have been one of the
oldest teams in the tournament - Dean thought our average age was around
43). We had all the match, comfortaby playing three at the back even after
they changed things and put a decent, fast player up front. We still
laboured in front of goal but did get one to give us our only win. One of
their fat guys by this time had decided to systematically play the man not
the ball and I've got a nice set of stud marks from my knee down to my ankle
(yes a stamp, not an over enthusiastic sliding tackle - what is worldnet
coming to!). 1-0

Got to go do some work - rest of the "report" later, Damian