I assume most of you have seen it on TV.Could not get in the WMC we usually go
to - home fans only on police advice and though I was silver tongued enough to
talk my way in, it was clear the rest of my mates would not be so  lucky, so we
ended up in the cricket club. A strange place for a pre match drink - 3 bars on
different floors in the pavillion looking out over the cricket pitch and it was
rammed with Leeds fans , a good proportion of our 4,000 followers decided to
drink there. One GILF was shouting at the odd Burnley fan who was there and I
was told she was the Granny who had recently been banned from running on the
pitch at ER - a real celebrity , expect to see her in the jungle or a big
brother house soon!It was a glorious sunny day and we left for the ground with
high expectations. Turf Moor is a proper old fashioned ground with wooden seats
and a dark and dingy concourse with poor toilets but a good place for us old
timers to remember the old
 days before plastic soulless idenikit grounds.We made it just in time for the
the well observed minutes applause for Jimmy Adamson - we all agreed he was an
awful Leeds manager but could put those feelings to one side as we stood and
clapped in his memory.That was almost as good as it got until the 76th
minute.First half we were dreadful - in truth they were poor too - managing one
shot from Clayton that did not dip enough and a free kick from McCormack that
the keeper saved.At the back we looked dodgy at times- Sam kept going missing
and leaving White exposed and the centre back pairing looked like they had
never met.It was almost inevitable that the goal would come from this - their
winger was in acres of space and White was caught in two minds - that let the
winger with time and space to pick out one of two onrushing strikers who were
marked by one defender  too easy for them 0 1Only some good saves, one with his
feet , from the impressive McCarthy
 , and a poor miss when through just before half time kept the score down and
us in it.We did think that their keeper had handled outside the area but the
fact that no Leeds player appealed meant that we kept quiet about it until
various moible calls from TV watchers confirmed we had been hard done by.Second
half we were better but never really threatened - I am losing faith in Keogh,
and McCormack is losing faith in himself, and between them they never looked
like scoring or creating opportunities. SG thought the same and took them both
off and brought on Nunez and Becchio.I know Rich W likes his stats when
slagging Becchio off but here is one - 60 mins with Keogh , no goals,  30 mins
with Becchio , two goals (even if he did not have a direct hand in either)Both
goals were similar - first Sam with a good bit of skill had a good deep cross
and Snoddy sneaked in at the far post and slid it home - Game onThen a Snoddy
corner in the last couple of minutes
 fell to Nunez on the far side, he chipped it back in and again it came to
Snoddy ghosting in at the far post , this time he controlled it and with bodies
all around him managed to put it into the far corner.Just like last season a
last minute winner after being behind , although this time I did feel more like
we had robbed them.Time for a quick pint in the Wacky Warehouse place near the
station (again full of Leeds fans) and then train home. Job done but far from
convincing
One last point - I recorded the game and fast forwarded through it this morning
and then watched the highlights recorded on the Championship programme - it was
the same TV channel and the same pictures and coverage but the live programme
killed all the crowd noise and the highlights one turned up the crowd noise so
it sounded like the place was rocking. Do they always do that and if so, why?