so, a few brief thoughts:

(all bearing in mind that Oxford didn't threaten too much)

- we appear to have a new midfield hero in Austin - great performance totally
dominated the game, got some great late tackles and interceptions in & around
the box - good goal following a cut in from Aidy White (playing one of his
better games) a low hard shot from the edge of the box (that a better keeper
would have saved), plus a 30 yarder that came back off the bar...and to the tune
of "Paddy Kenny's having a party"...we have "Rudolph Austin's having a party,
bring your rizlas and Bob Marley"

- Byrom scored a fabulous goal with the sweetest 1-2-3 you could wish to see -
touch 1; takes the ball inside right, 35 yards out, and with his controlling
touch flicks it around the corner of the defender at his back - touch 2; spins
and gets to his own knock just before the CHalf bearing down on him, this touch
knocks it by him and he's into the box - touch 3; from 10 yards at the right of
the goal shapes as if to smack it home, the keeper goes down, our 18 year old
fullback chips the ball into the roof of the net...I don't care about the
quality of the opposition, or that he might never do anything like that again -
that was one of the sweetest goals, all from his own work, that I've seen in
many a year

- Lees, the third was a good solid header from 10 yards, sending the keeper back
across his goal, from a whipped in cross from the right from Diouf

- thought the shade of our Gray was anonymous while Brown was simply shite...

- Drury, looked a little unsteady at times - as if he needed the practice

- didn't entirely agree with not playing Lees with Pearce at CHalf (they need to
learn to play together), instead Paddy K was alongside Pearce, with Lees at R
Back, the one bonus was that this pushed Byrom to R Midfield, where he had a
good first half (aside from the goal) but faded in the second

- Oxford's 15 looked a lively little so and so, but he didn't get much help