No comments yet? Are we all too flabbergasted after the dire early match
reports?

Away - I got to see the last 30 minswhich is as much of Leeds I've seen in
a League match for donkey's years.

I didn't see the goals but otherwise I was reasonably impressed. Leeds were
trying to play possession football (a goal up obviously) and Ipswich
weren't good enough to expose the weaknesses that are surely there. The
fact is that not all Leeds players are comfortable on the ball. McCormack
stands out, Austin looks confident (sometimes misplaced) and Peltier knows
what he has to do when he gets the ball but the rest didn't look happy
having to pass the ball about.

I was surprised by Warnock who played like he was frightened to death by
the ball. I had expected him to be much more comfortable.

Austin played some classy and assured 30 yard passes but screwed up his 5
yard ones. I wonder if he's got a concentration problem?

Finally Poleon, when he came on, had some good runs but went nowhere.
Partly I think because it never occurred to him that he's allowed to shoot
when he gets sight of the goal. He cut inside several times on the edge of
the box but then didn't know what to do - the Ipswich defenders sussed him
out straight away and could afford to stand off him a bit when he was
central, something they didn't do at all when he was wide.

Damian MOT