Can't speak for the Germans but most dutch (based) persons don't have their own
satellite - with
virtually all the country being on cable a lot of places, including Amsterdam,
get iffy on folk putting up
their own satellites. Some areas, where a number of ethinic turks, etc live you
do see satellites on
balconys but it's frowned on and there are purges to remove them. The Amsterdam
skyline does look
a lot cleaner since the removal of ariels, satellites, etc.

That said we do have access as there's enough cafes and pubs showing games who
have the
necessary for it which is how I got watch Saturday. And as said they also had
all the premier league
games on other screen plus footie from other countries and various other sports.

Incidentally it's not just Al Jazerra for Championship footbball now. Fox has
just started here in the
Netherlands and they have got the rights for showing live Championship games
here.

guy

On 26 Aug 2013 at 11:07, Matt Anderson wrote:

> If you have access to the hotbird satellite (as I'm sure most
> Dutch/german based people do!?!?!) they show championship games and
> other things like French league on Al Jazeera +3 channel.
>
> You need a viaaccess cam (card holder) for your receiver then an Al
> Jazeera card which costs about £100 from eBay.
>
> They have just removed the premier league from hotbird at the premier
> leagues request so that's only receivable if you have a 2.5m or larger
> and nilesat. (They show every single premier league game)
>
> Matt

Sent from my iPad