I drove back to the Uk a week ago. In a service station on the M20 there
was a, I think, family group of young people who happenned to wear white
shirts with no ties, crombie-like overcoats, homburg hats and who had
visible ringlets dangling under their hats.

There was also a group of orthodox-English young adults who had no shame in
cat-calling and insulting the other group. Needless to say the insults
tended more to the racial (no apologies) rather than, say, sexuality.

Shame on me - I said nowt. I'd like to think I'd have done or said summat
if matters progressed beyond some juvenile name calling. But that's easy to
say now and the fact is I said nowt.

I was and am shocked though that such a thing can happen today in England.
The service station was packed - 50, 60, 70 people in view and earshot of
the 2 groups. Nobody said a word.

Damian