I don't know if my expectations are just so low, but I was actually pretty
upbeat after Saturday's game.
I realise it was a few days ago now, but I thought it was a huge improvement on
anything I've seen for quite a few years.

It may be premature to say the corner has been turned, but I've never been slow
to make negative comments on the basis of 1 match.

Ok Leeds were pinned back for large periods of the 1st half, but coped pretty
well.  This was largely due to the presence of Jannson.  The fact that he wins
everything in the air, meant it did not look like we would concede a goal at
every set piece.

By the time the 2nd half came, the whole team had gained more confidence from
the solid-looking defence.

Hernandez, Sacko, Vieira all came into the game more and Leeds really looked
the better team.
Hernandez is a luxury player, but you can afford to have one in that position.
It is ages since I've seen a Leeds player with that ability to run at a
defence, pick a pass (when he feels like it) or have a shot.  Sacko and Dallas
both do their defensive share, and Sacko looks a real threat going forward.  In
fact there aren't many teams who will have 3 such good players supporting their
striker.

I actually thought O'Kane showed pretty good composure, especially after the
first 30 mins

On the minus side I'm not convinced by Wood.  Playing as a sole striker is a
lonely role, especially away from home.  I would expect the 3 supporting
players to be closer to him in home matches.  Any player who is capable of
winning headers, hold-up play, being a threat behind a defence, and being the
team's main goalscorer, would  not remain the Championship for long.  He does
need to up his rate of taking chances. If Lambert had had a couple of those
chances, my money would have been on him scoring.

Also I'm afraid Green did not do much to improve my confidence in him, but I
was happy with the rest of them.

Overall now, I'm looking forward to a bit of a climb up the table.  I'm not too
bothered if Monkfish makes a few changes in forward positions for the League
Cup.
Give Antonnson, Mowatt and Roofe a start perhaps, but keep the defence the same
to build up a bit of a rapport.

Cheers
KOT.

Kevin Lewis
Oracle System Administrator
UK SBS

Tel: 01793 867086
Email: kevin.le...@uksbs.co.uk
UK SBS, North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FF (Polaris House,
Ground Floor - East, Swindon)

UK Shared Business Services Ltd. Registered in England and Wales as a limited
company.  Company number 6330639.  Registered Office: North Star House, North
Star Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 1FF.

This email and any attachments are intended for the named addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify UK SBS immediately and do not
disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. While UK SBS has
taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this e-mail or any
attachments containing viruses, the recipient should carry out its own virus
checks before opening the attachments. The Company does not accept any
liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to
presence of any viruses. Any opinions expressed in this email (including
attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
company's opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made
by our employees outside the scope of our business. The Company reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks for the
purposes of preventing and detecting crime.