Dave, you disappoint me. I thought you were a proper football lad through and
through!

Our biggest game for ages and you choose to go to a family party. Get a grip
mate.

We are all Leeds aren't we ?

> [...]
>
> No report from me mate, thanks to Sky stupid Friday night football I was at a
> family party. When I  realised it clashed with Leeds game I mentioned this to
> my wife and was informed "I really really want to go and I am not going on my
> own, over to you"TO be fair to her for all our 32 years of marriage, Leeds
> have pretty much come first (or first equal) everything we do is based around
> our fixtures, including a trip to Edinburgh for 3 days for our wedding
> anniversary in December rather than the week she wanted in Lanzarote due to
> fixture list
> Having said that the texts / messages I got from my mates at the game were
> saying it is the best they have seen for years, and that this was genuine not
> a piss take.
> I have watched it on TV and like everyone have been impressed. I never
> thought we would keep a clean sheet with that back four , but all of them
> were great.
> Looking back at my reports I did say the first time he played that Hernadez
> was a class above. I have always maintained that Doukara was a decent player
> with all the attirbutes but was missing something in his psyche that needed
> sorting and Monk is on the way to sorting it - that is why his performance
> yesterday when he showed commitment was so different from Cambridge when he
> could not be bothered. Finally I have said since day one that Vierra was the
> best youngster since Delph but was perhaps being played 6 months before he
> was fully ready - well he is ready now and I think if he keeps fit and keeps
> learning he will surpass even Delph.
> I also quite like Wood and while I accept he has real limitations I do not
> understand the stick that he gets , we would be a much weaker team without
> him. Is there someone else out there who could do a better job - probably,
> but I doubt they would be in our price range or be willing to drop a Division.
> Overall though the credit must go to Monk (and Plotet?) - they really have
> turned us around. I thought that Cellino was sack happy - in fact he was- but
> I never thought that McDermott, Redfearn, Rosler, Hockaday,Milanic or Evans
> were right for the job or going to get us where we wanted (albeit there was
> an argument for Evans, in particular to be given a longer chance and some of
> the others , notably McDermott and Redfearn were treated badly)Monk sorted
> the defence so we are not  vulnerable at corners, then he made it so our own
> corners and set pieces were dangerous (2 of our  one goal wins recently came
> from goals at corners) then he gave them all licence to play and go at
> defenders - Sacko and Roofe especailly are urged to take on players.Now,
> almost the final piece of the jigsaw, he has made the squad players believe
> in themselves and believe in his message. so Ayling and Berardi can play out
> of position and fans not even notice they are not the 'proper' players.
 as, Phillips, Antonsson . Mowatt etc can come on and 'do a job' and then take
their place back on the bench