      From: Graham Thirkill <graham.thirki...@btinternet.com>
 To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
 Sent: Saturday, 20 May 2017, 18:40
 Subject: [LU] Play off final is ridiculous

Dave Nattan wrote…..

Is there a more stupid game in football than a play off final ?
Whilst I accept the inherent unfairness of the play off system, whereby a
team coming 6th can get promoted over a team coming 3rd, it does have some
good points.It really helps keep a season alive for so many teams and means
that unless you are in a relegation fight you almost always think 'if we win
these next few games we can get in the play offs'
I really like the play off semi finals and the atmosphere and tension that
they create with full houses at both games but the final is total nonsense I
have just had the misfortune whilst flicking through the channels to turn on
Sky sports just as the two teams (millwall and bradford) came out to
fireworks, the red carpet, the presentation line for dignitaries and then
the national anthemn - totally over the top and ridiculous This is NOT a cup
final ffs, or even a celebration of winning stuff, as per Community Shield
or Super Cup, this is two teams who were not good enough to win their league
or even come second - these are two teams who are basically, losers. Yet
here they are in a game that has all the hall marks of a real final, even to
the presenting of a trophy at the end of it This is not sour grapes on my
part - I felt it at Cardiff and even more so at Wembley when we were there-
it really bugs me.
IF this game has to be played at a neutral ground, then play it at one of
the old semi final grounds (Villa, Scum, Hillsboro etc) and play it with no
razzmatazz and no trophy (as i have said before it should be played at 3 in
the morning behind closed doors with the player being sneaked in and out in
disguise !) Yes promotion is great for the club involved but this actual
game does not deserve the accoutrements that surround it and I would say
this even if it end up being us involved next season So keep the play off
system but please change the format of the final….Dave.You must have felt very
strongy to have posted the above

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It sounds exactly like sour grapes to me, I cannot imagine, you or any anyone,
else posting this if Leeds United
were running round the Wembley pitch celebrating victory. What would you be
doing, or wouldn’t you have
bothered to go, to support this “Stupid, = ridiculous.= over the top"………your
description!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTES FROM YOUR POST

Is there a more stupid game in football than a play off final ?

(as i have said before it should be played at 3 in the morning behind closed
doors with the player being sneaked in
and out in disguise !)

then play it at one of the old semi final grounds (Villa, Scum, Hillsboro etc)
and play it with no razzmatazz and no trophy

So keep the play off system but please change the format of the final

these are two teams who are basically, losers. Yet here they are in a game that
has all the hall marks of a real final,
even to the presenting of a trophy at the end of it

this is two teams who were not good enough to win their league or even come
second -

Surely Dave, when you calm down you may realise some of your points are quite
ridiculous…….

Cheers and Beers
Thirkers\098/