I'm afraid that it's time to take the road show out and start signing up
students to the list. I know that we made a conscious decision 20 years ago
to hound them off, but we didn't imagine then that one day we'd all be 20
years older and that one day (now for example) we might prefer to read
youthful gobshit (is that a word?) rather than the septuagenarian (or
worse!) stuff we have to put up with now.

Of course you reap that which you sow and we've only got ourselves to blame
for years of exaggerated respect for the elderly - but it's not too late to
change that.

I don't want to be completely ageist - after all if all goes to plan I will
be old myself one day - but can I suggest that we replace the LU/NonLU
subject prefixes with FT/AMO so that an unsuspecting lister may know in
advance if he is going to be bitten by False Teeth or All My Own.......

Damian