We won and that is what counts. This was almost a game of two halves , the
first half we were second best throughout and really rode our luck, second half
we were the better team and only some odd refereeing decisions stopped us
extending the lead
From the first whistle we were awful , unable to string two passes together as
we faced wave after wave of attacks, mainly down our left as Anita, in for De
Bock, looked like a fish out of water. It all came down that side and we
struggled to get any foot hold in the game as they looked faster, sharper and
just generally better than us.

Having said that chances were at a premium and they kept messing up the final
ball and no clear cut opportunites arose. The best chance was a clearance that
fell to their lad on the edge of the box who volleyed it goal wards- it was a
nice height for the keeper and indeed, Felix went at it full stretch and made a
great save, one that will look better on TV than it was in reality
At the other end we never got going. We had Saiz, possibly the best player in
the league, certainly the best player at ER and we never gave him the ball.
Also Lassogga, up there with the best goals per minutes ratio in the league got
no service.

It was looking like it would be a long afternoon when suddenly, against the run
of play we got a free kick just inside their half, Alioski put it into the box
and, not for the first time League One Liam (as my lad calls him) met it
brilliantly, but, for the first time in a long time, he got it on target and
into the net.1 up and we never looked back
Second half with the crowd trying to replicate last Sundays atmosphere, we
looked a different team with Saiz pulling all the strings and looking like a
player from a different planet.

For all that we did not create too much, our best chance being an awful bit
from the referee. The ball was passed forward to Lassogga who was clean through
and took it towards the keeper. Surely he would score?
We never found out as the ref pulled it back for a foul on Siaz (?) and booked
the Brentford player. What happened to advantage ? We were robbed. Even worse a
bit later on Saiz had his shirt pulled but stayed on his feet and carried on
with the ball but the ref pulled it back- ridiculous
We did look as if, for once, we would hold out,as their only chance was a free
kick from distance that Felix should have caught but decided to parry- poor
keeping.
Anyway we made a few subs with Ekuban and Sacko both coming on to no great
affect , (I think I am the last of the Sacko fans) and we saw the game out
Not the best performance but we just about shaded it and a useful three points.
Too late perhaps but welcome nontheless.
DaveIn the West Ridings pre game there was a collection and some lovely cakes
in aid of some Leeds fan who has had some sort of brain tumour that has cost
him the use of one eye