From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of nat...@sky.com
<nat...@sky.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:23:14 PM
To: Leeds List
Subject: [LU] Brentford

Wow - there are some ultra critical fans on here. OK we were not at out best
today and we were  very lapse at timesHaving said that apart from the last 15
minutes when we battered them it was a very even, up and down game with both
teams being on top for periods here and there
The referee was as bad as I have seen - in 40 + years of watching LUFC week
after week  I cannot recall fans ever singing' you don't know what you're
doing' and 'you're not fit to referee' after a ref has given a free kick OUR
way ! Yes, we have had plenty of sarcastic cheering when we get a decision and
lots of ironic 'handball ' shouts but nothing like today. The ref was totally
clueless and out of his depth, and like many a ref, seemed to be out to show he
would not be intimidated by the home crowd. At one point Alioski lost his
footing with their lad at least 2 yards away and the ref gave us a free-kick
which led to laughter and the aforementioned chants
The penalty was at the opposite end to where I am so hard to determine live but
I have seen it on peoples phones since and that was never a pen in a million
years - the lad got his shot off (would ref have given a pen if it had gone it)
and Ayling made a great goal line clearanceI hate it when managers blame the
ref for one decision so I am not going to say it was his fault here , BUT in
addition to the wrong penalty decision the ref was pulling us for foul after
foul any time players came into contact and was card happy when it came to
Leeds players (no idea why Ayling got sent off but not seen it since so not
going to comment)
Anyway back to the game itself. Like I say we had a poor day at the office and
our passing was just that bit wayward - under or over hit too often, or taking
the wrong option.

They were a decent team and got the rub of the green most of the time, much of
it deserved - for example the scramble where Phillips nearly scored but the
keeper did really well and got the luck he needed
Harrison was off the pace and out of form and has as much chance of playing for
Man City as Pennington has of playing for Everton - none !
We huffed and puffed but at times were out Leeds' by a very decent team
The missing players caught up with us today but you cannot fault us for effort
and we never gave it up - in fact we created more in the last 15 minutes than
the previous 75 with Roberts and Baker (twice) coming close to getting us a
winner
MB made all 3 subs with 20mins or more to go - none of this sitting back and
letting the game pass us by. The best of the subs was giving Clarke a run out.
He looks  brilliant and the stand out player for the u23s and for the brief
time he was on the pitch he showed enough to suggest he is the real deal and
should get more game time in the future
So another 2 pts dropped at home and, on paper, we have not got many points per
game over the last 6 or 7 BUT it is so different from last season - we have not
been found out, we can not be bullied and we are not falling apart again- we
should have won many of the drawn games and today even though we were far from
our best we could easily have had all 3 pts
Hopefully when we play next Roofe, Douglas and Hernandez will start and Berardi
will replace the suspended Ayling
This is time to get behind the team and buy into the Bielsaball not panic and
get on the teams back
One final comment - for a 12.30 kick off the fans were a bit mental. Lots of
plastic bottles thrown from SS after the little shit jumped into them to
celebrate his penalty, another Lucazade bottle thrown (and hit) the keeper from
the Kop and then a mini pitch invasion when we equalised including one lad
fighting with 4 or 5 stewards over a few minutes- long enough that the police
decided to step in. Why would someone run on the pitch and get a criminal
conviciton and a 3 year ban for an 88th minute equaliser against a mid table
team in Ocotber ???? Not that it would be OK to do it with a last minute winner
in the last game in May but you know what I mean