Down to 3rd and form since Pablo got injured which is distinctively
Heckingbottomish (lower mid table)

I've said it before and I'll say it again but that starting 11 will be lucky to
make the play offs and today, for the first 70 minutes it was clear that we
were second best. Our passing was terrible led by Luke Ayling whose performance
levels have been plummeting all season. Yes I would say that since he arrived,
he has been a great signing but I'd say at the moment he's not worth his place
in the team. For the first 20 minutes he hit new lows as all his passes went
astray, he was out of position frequently and then had to foul to recovery his
position putting us under pressure. Hopefully he'll come back strong after the
break.

Mind you, he wasn't the only one who was finding them second best to a very
good Brentford team. With Brentford completely dominating midfield we struggled
to create with Allioski and Harrison ineffective and isolated and an unbalanced
left side with Dallas filling in for the injured Douglas who I thought we
missed. Too many times Dallas pushed forward leaving holes at the back and it
was left to Jansson to mop up. Playing Dallas at left back was just a very poor
managerial decision and all about accommodation of a player who is in Bielsa's
22 rather than selecting Pearce who isn't a great defender (although as good as
Dallas) but would have provided much better balance. I thought Bielsa was
better than that. We did have one or two chances the best falling to Philips
who was denied by a great point blank save by their keeper. At the other end
they hit the bar and Peacock made a great save to deny them.

The ref didn't help and from the start you could see he just didn't have
control of the game. Every free-kick was contentious and it seemed he was
reacting to players and the crowd for his decision rather than being on top of
it. Refs like that will ruin games and this ref should be sent back to
non-league to learn his trade before he ever takes charge of a league match.
Second half wasn't much better and Brentford continued to have the best chances
and look the more likely to score. Their goal looked at the time to be a
definite pen and I thought Peacock might have got his marching orders but
looking at it this morning their player conned the ref, however I don't blame
him for that decision just the 100 others that he got wrong.
The subs for Leeds - Clarke for Dallas, Forshaw for Siaz and Baker for Klich
did change things. Allioski went to left back and did ok and in midfield we
looked quicker and stronger and for the first time in the game we began to
control things in midfield and create chances. It made me realise that the
midfield of Siaz, Philips and Klich is too pedestrian.
 We finally got the goal we deserved for some good play in the last 20 minutes
with Jansson stooping to nod over the keeper into the net. Queue some scenes in
the stands and on the pitch.
Scores:
Peacock - 7. One or two decent saves, good kicking and also one or two moments
of confusion with his defence.
Ayling - 3. Very poor. His passing has deserted him and he looks vulnerable at
the back. Weak link today.
Dallas - 3. Kept going forward on his right foot leaving holes in the defence.
Huge mistake to play him at left back.
Cooper - 4. Bad mistake for their pen. Same old Cooper will fuck up when the
pressure is on.
Jansson - 8. Held us together time and time again.
Philips - 5. Battled hard but offers little.
Klich - 5. Definitely not himself today.
Siaz - 4. Didn't contribute.
Harrison - 4. Don't rate him. He has no real pace and rarely beats his man.
Allioski - 5. Offered nothing going forward but when moved to left back he
seemed to be more at home.
Subs:
Clarke - LIke the look of the lad. A tall James Milner type player.
Forshaw - Does everything Philips can't
Baker - decent free-kick and he looks like a player to me.

Did we deserve a point ? I don't think so. Brentford are a better side than us
and I think we will slip out of the play off places if we continue with this
starting 11.