Was shocked but not surprised to hear of the death of another true Leeds United
legend, but there is something different about this one. Jack is THE reason I
am a Leeds fan ,
When I was around 4 or 5 years old being brought up in a ManU supporting
household with an elder brother I heard a lot about Bobby Charlton. When I
found out he had a brother,  my young brain went, ' if my brother supports
Bobby, I will support Jack, ' and hence a Leeds fan was born.
I was lucky enough to meet Jack at the world cup in Spain in 82. We sat with
him in a bar on a pier and chatted for a while. Of course I explained how and
why I was a Leeds fan, which he found amusing, and I had him in stitches when I
finished my story by saying " thank fuck you did not play for Crewe"
He was a top bloke and was happy to chat
A postscript to the story was as we left a group of young boys were outside the
pier thing and one of us told them " Jackie Charlton is in there They all ran
in shouting " Bobby Charlton,  Bobby Charlton " , next thing we see is Jack and
the TV bloke with him running off pursued by a gang of kids
So as a Leeds fan of 45 years of active support, and going to Leeds university
purely so I could get to games, and everything that flows from that (job I got,
mates I have etc etc) are all down to big Jack.
If i had never heard of him i could have been a scum fan and celebrated all
those trophies or could have been the family rebel and followed City and
celebrated all their trophies but FUCK EM ALL- being a Leeds United fan is
special so THANKS JACK I owe you loads RIP