Agreed completely.

________________________________
From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of Ed Morrish
<edmorr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 November 2020 2:41 AM
To: guy.thorn...@inter.nl.net <guy.thorn...@inter.nl.net>
Cc: leedslist@gn.apc.org <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: Re: [LU] VAR for offside

I feel like the footballing authorities have missed out on a crucial element of
how video reviews work in cricket: umpire’s call. In cricket, you have to be
100% the umpire got it wrong, not 1% sure they weren’t right. If Bamford’s goal
had been disallowed by the ref, the video would have upheld that; if it had
been allowed, it would also have been upheld - it’s clearly a grey area, so let
the ref do his job.

(I also think there should be one review per team per half, which you lose if
you challenge incorrectly.)

Ed.

Sent from my iPhone

Dorigo's Right Buttock...