(settling down for the game and a mate says, “of course they’ve been struggling
to score recently…”)

In his post-match chat MB conceded that he had set the team up wrong for the
game yesterday. And for once I think we’d be justified in saying that if he had
listened to the combined wisdom of this list then he would have started with
Ayling (RB) Cooper and Struijk (CBs) and Alioski (LB) - then using real
midfielders to plug the “Kalvin gap”…probably Shackleton, although Huggins
looks a bright one for the future…or we could have asked Klich to drop deeper
and had Roberts as some kind of roving #10 / centre midfield. Shackleton looked
lost yesterday.

We lose a lot of forward momentum without Ayling going down the right - plus he
links well with Raphinha, who was probably our brightest player yesterday.

That said, all the plans in the world don’t matter at all if people don’t
tackle, track back etc…we basically gave them all 4 of those goals. And we just
never looked forward with the ball, at least until our first goal. That said,
Klich and Harrison should have done better with decent chances in the first
half, while Bamford had a decent header saved.

And I’ve never seen a referee overrule himself.

And I think that is why he didn’t give a penalty for the Bamford incident in
the second.

Its not the loss but the nature of it (or at least the first 50 minutes).

Wolves next.

Win our game in hand and we will be back above Arsenal.

Nick