It is circa 50 years since Hunter/Charlton etc were playing Nick.  All aspects
of life, including football, are almost unrecognisably different now.

________________________________
From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of Nick
<n...@6haroldplace.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, 14 July 2021 5:45 PM
To: leeds list (leedslist@gn.apc.org) <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: Re: [LU] Leedslist Digest, Vol 133, Issue 3

So you know like those guys that we have recently been lauding, those Leeds
heroes - Charlton & Hunter etc - do you seriously not believe that they would
have done something like what Chiellini did in that position?

And if it is a question of ‘doing whatever it takes’ to win, then how is that
different from Sterling’s ‘penalty?

I mean seriously…I wish none of it would have happened…I’d rather people played
fairly, but let’s not be all one-eyed about it.

Or is that all football is? Have I been away from grounds and crowds too long?

And why was Tom Cruise there? Was he driving that silly little car at the start?

I thought generally the referring and (whisper it) the judicious use of VAR was
much better than we have become used to in the Premiership.

Nick