www.MyCybertherapy.online is an online therapy site, and it focuses on
reflective techniques to allow users to understand their issues and navigate a
path to correcting negative behaviour.
The App Notebook is a reflective diary. Users enter critical incident details
and then, by answering a series of questions, are given the opportunity to
review their behaviour, with the crucial question in each section being "What
have you learned about yourself?"
Free users have access to the Notebook App but have less detailed guidance on
how to use the notebook and do not have the personal videos describing the
process and techniques
Subscribers gain access to enhanced explanations and numerous videos explicitly
prepared to guide the user through the process and aid their understanding of
the application.
Enhances Subscribers have access to the eGroups section. EGroups follow the
basic "reflective" model; however, they can pose their problems to other eGroup
subscribers who can respond to the person posing with reference to specific
questions. The user can continue to react or finalise the issue, responding to
those who have answered, following present questions.
Lastly, a public forum is offered, allowing users to discuss broad topics like
therapy in general and the use of the suite. It is forbidden to post personal
information, names and links, and all users post only by alias.

The site is https://www.mycybertherapy.online
Would you be so kind as to give your opinion about any or all of the following
questions:
1. CONDITION OF USE (COU)
2. The suitability of the site.
3. Would you recommend the site and why?
You may give you answers either by email -------- or by using WEBEX.

With Kindest Regards and Thank you

Dr Michael Benjamin
Psychiatrist
Oranit
ISRAEL

Here is background information you may find useful -it comes straight from the
site.

The application is the fruit of twenty-five years of experimenting and building
two previous sites. I make two basic assumptions about the Internet and
therapy. The first assumption is that we cannot squeeze the Internet into the
old treatments as we knew them. We had to make a change and enjoy the
unconstrained contributions where the sum is greater than the parts... I had to
make the treatment appropriate for the Internet. For some time, I was not
convinced this was possible. After all, people demanded one-on-one personal
experiences, and nothing was going to change that. Nothing did change until
Corona came along. Then the use of the Internet and expectations of therapy
changed out of all recognition.
Secondly, therapies were developing, becoming less and less dependent on the
experience of treatment (transference) and more analytical and teaching in
their approach. The Internet is a teaching tool that has proven itself.
People have become more flexible in their expectations and demands regarding
the Internet; a prime example is using banking applications.
I decided that we would make the therapy a learning tool. I looked very closely
at CBT and decided this was a learning experience; things hidden from your
thoughts were made apparent. As opposed to Freudian techniques, we use simple
behavioural or learning methods.
It was not far from this point to arrive at the electronic notebook. The
Internet now approximates therapy; the 'net adds by using database techniques--
easy storage and ready recovery of stored information. We can easily show what
the patient had done in the past. And they can learn from a comparison of their
past experiences. The patient can easily see trends. If therapy is a behaviour
change, we must accept that relapse will occur. They need constant
re-enforcement and encouragement. The 'net is tailor-made to do this
automatically.
I had experimented in the past using e-groups and found them to be helpful. I
noticed that people tend to give a lot of support online and become involved in
other people's situations, and we decided to incorporate this when using the
e-group.

I still face significant problems in gaining credibility and professional
acceptability. I consulted with colleagues to hear their comments. Another
problem is earning the patients' belief. I feel it is possible to convey
sincerity by simply using videos and placing my full curriculum vita.
The last problem I faced was insurance, and here I discovered that my Israeli
insurance company covered my endeavours.
The last consideration was monetary. From the outset, I wanted to make the
application free and available to all. In some respects, I have succeeded --
the application is stand alone and free. Unfortunately, I need to cover the
costs involved in the bandwidth, housing involved. There are three pathways:
free ( for the app alone, a subscribed version and the eGroups.
I can only but hope that the site and the application help someone somewhere.

Good luck and be well

Michael Benjamin
Oranit
Israel

Dr  Michael Benjamin,
Community Psychiatrist.
Oranit,
ISRAEL

SKYPE: BEDENOGA
PHONE: +972-505-317772
BLOG: Times Of Israel ||Quora ||Jerusalem Post || MYCYBERTHERAPY BLOG
AMAZON AUTHORS PAGE;