Brighton are a decent well-organised side. They’re not pushing for a European
place just through luck…

What was obvious was that Garcia set us up as 4-4-2 and has told them to stay
in position - no wild chasing down, no pressing. This works for solidity but
removes that 100mph rollercoaster effect - it also allows their defenders to
stand over the ball time after time, happy that they are not going to get
challenged. This is something that many in the crowd seemed to be made restless
by.

Big problem yesterday - apart from Roca & Aaronson’s almost non-existence in
the middle - was Ayling. It wasn’t that the guy on him was fast and tricky - he
was - but that he got done 6 times in then first half alone just by a lofted
ball over the top. He was nowhere near the winger. If you get caught once or
twice early like that, you drop 5 yards, you move closer to the guy. But it
kept happening. Then he got out-jumped by the winger at the back post, for the
first goal. V poor game.

However, Harrison decided he was going to chase and harry, and in doing so,
closed the defender down, got a bit of luck with the bounce, which just rolled
along the touchline without going out, fed Bamford, who took a touch and
smacked in off the crossbar - albeit with a slight deflection. Out of nowhere
we were level.

Then Jack gets unlucky in the second half with a ball ricocheting around the
penalty area, eventually bouncing off him and in - he looked like he was
shaping to clear it, but the winger pressing him, was close enough that
Harrison could not draw his foot back…and there you go. 1-2.

The second equaliser - coming after Gnonto, Rodrigo and McKennie were
introduced - came after a reasonable spell of pressure from us, all these three
pushed us forwards. Short corner from Willie 2-balls, Harrison steps inside the
defender and lashes it into the far top corner with his right foot. Lovely goal.

Couple more half chances each - best fell to Wellbeck who cut in again from our
right, beat about 3 defenders before hitting the south stand.

I do not buy the doom and gloom - there are 12 games to go, 4 points cover
about 8 teams (not counting Soton, but that may change after today) - plenty of
time to get things right. The same people who say “we’re down” are the ones who
would db going “C’mon Leeds we can do this” if there were a 4 point gap with 2
games to go.

Oh yeah, and Rodrigo was fouled in the box as he went through.

Nick