As Rich W has already said this was not the fun in the sun we were all hoping
for.The rail strike ( we had to get my daughter in law to come from Salford to
pick us up - what a darling) meant the pubs were sparse as presumably more fans
drove, but the mood was upbeat , general feeling about Sinisterra and all the
rest was" fuck em" and we dont want any of them back., but that a game against
a poot Wednesday side was just what we needed It should have been that way as
we did create chances and more half chances but they were all fluffed. Piroe ,
our greatest hope, really showed why he is not in the Prem as he dragged his
only opportunity well wide - for some bizzare reason our new no9 , with his
amazing goalscoring record was playing behind Rutter.  Rutter fairly
ineffective missed 2 good chances,  the first well saved the second a soft chip
right into the keepers hands. Shack had a good shot just wide from outside the
box, Summerville blasted 2 over, and Ayling missed an identical  header to the
one he got v west brom.
Wednesday offered almost nothing but had 2 chances all game, the first Mes
looking more like his old self came out well to save , the other a cross to the
penalty spot to an unmarked striker who semed to blast it into the ground and
over - best chance of the game  A clean sheet is very welcome but it was 2
points dropped
Hard to be too disappointed,  our season really starts v millwall.  Farke has 2
weeks to get everything sorted . The players who are here are here to stay,
whether they like it or not ( Willie and Summerville both certainly put in the
effort yesterday) The new players are here and , international players apart,
he has 2 weeks to get them to gel and get some of the injured lads back

Lets hope the new additions are all we hope for - Jaidon Anthony looks decent
enough as a replacement for Sinisterra but without that extra quality. - Farke
now has the team he has and can get on with it. We have been the better team,
despite results, in every game so things should look good if we can get it to
click. Millwall away is a very good test, a shit team and a shit club who will
give it everything in their cup final