Agreed. Wagner's teams are always hard to play against but last night despite
them taking total control in the 2nd half, Miesler had nothing to do. It was
only a bit of panic late on in our defence that caused concern.
Also, I don't think I've ever seen a keeper go up for a free kick ? and why on
earth didn't the ref play advantage when we broke - worst decision ever as it
was a certain 2 nil.
Think Gruev and Kamara together are too defensive. Gruev's playing the Philips
role in front of the back four and frequently drops into the backline and
Kamara gets through some good work but is predominantly a DM.
I criticised Rutter as a no 9 (he isn't) but he's certainly finding his role as
a 10. Great to watch. Ok, most things didn't come off last night but I love to
see a player with confidence who can step past people with ease. Love watching
him.
Bamford is our best no 9. Didn't have a great game but scored his goal and ran
around a lot. He should have been in the team earlier in the season.
Hope Archie's injury isn't serious because he's been the player of the season
for me and whilst he's done great a right back, I can't help think that he
needs to be in midfield ?
Plymouth will be interesting. We've got a few knocks but we're on such a good
run, I'd play the first XI and smash em and move on.

    On Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 10:50:59 GMT, nattan--- via Leedslist