Just a reminder about the Australia Cuba Friendship Society activities
coming up soon.

There is a film night being held at the Tom Mann Theatre at 7pm on
Friday 22nd November. The Consul-General of the Republic of Cuba in
Sydney, ACFS and the Committee in Solidarity with Cuba invites you to
come along to see several recent Cuban documentaries. We hope that these
will provide an insight into the island's present reality, its epic
history, the ongoing fight against the U.S. blockade, Cuba's unique take
on the arts, music and sport.So come along and enjoy an evening getting
to know one of the most popular and attractive islands in the Caribbean.
Refreshments will be available

ENTRY:$10.00
STUDENT/PENSIONER $5.00
Tom Mann Theatre
128 Chalmers Street
Surry Hills

We are holding an art show and auction this coming Saturday, November 23
at the Benledi Room, Glebe Library
186 Glebe Point Road, GLEBE
from 2pm - 6pm (Auction at 5pm)
The purpose of the auction is to raise money for our project in Cuba,
the Mariana Grajales Primary School located in the Australia Sugar Mill
in the Matanzas Province. The school was opened in 1954 and serves
nearly 300 students. The current school facilities such as furniture,
water supply, electricity, kitchen and bathrooms are outdated, in poor
condition and insufficient for the increasing population in the rural
area. The school was also severely damaged by Hurricane Michelle with
many students having to relocate to schools further away from their
homes. This function will be opened by the Cuban Consul-General in
Australia and will feature live music and a speaker on education in
Cuba. All are welcome.

The Australia Cuba Friendship Society will also be having its
end-of-year party at the Spanish Club on Sunday, December 8th. This is
an annual event with music, dancing and general good times to celebrate
solidarity with Cuba and the Cuban revolution.

Put it in your diary now - and stay tuned for bands, times, etc.

..