To: "Legacy Ornamental Mills" <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: Toys

I'm not sure how to do photo attachments, so I'll try a couple links.
I've got some of my woodworking stuff up on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041771&l=2bf0650881&id=1120965318
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041761&l=afdf648b26&id=1120965318
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041758&l=f8a1a35605&id=1120965318
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041759&l=85d01b1ef9&id=1120965318
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041762&l=b7d7f49550&id=1120965318
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30041770&l=c079e333ba&id=1120965318

On May 19, 10:09 pm, Chainlink <dustinyo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Haha, I just love the puppet show picture! I think I've got about this
summer left in my 10 year old before he stops wanting to do those
kinds of things with his little sister and brother. That's why I'm
hoping the super fort/climbing wall/swingset will keep them all
together using their imaginations.

My dad is big on making hobby horses as well. He's on 40-50, IIRC.
There's a wonderful plan from issue #6 of Today's Woodworker (long out
of print, but available on ebay) that he's been using for well over 10
years now.

As for myself, I tried developing some tire treading jigs for making
monster trucks like the one on the cover of Tremendous Toy Trucks, but
it needed a little work. Now that I have the legacy, I'm thinking that
making a quick template and using the indexing head will get me the
treads on my tires that I want. I made a cool little dune buggy for my
son a couple years back. I'll try and dig up a photo or two. I also
made the best little circular saw toy that had a clicking mechanism on
the inside when you rolled it along the floor to make the blade spin.

Dustin