From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Dustin Yoder
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:36 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Build log of sorts for a 1200 upgrade to CNC

Tim, yes, direct drive, is that a problem? I noticed others going with a
belt and pulley system. Is there a reason for that?

Curt, each axis is attached by a spider shaft coupling, the x, y and z are
5/8" and the spindle (A) is 3/4". I reversed the X axis leadscrew so that I
could attach the coupling without interference from the square end that the
handle attaches to. Other than that, the couplers just slide on and lock
with an allen screw.

Photo 1: X-axis coupled to stepper.
Photo 2: Opposite end of X-axis.
Photo 3: Spindle.