It would be nice to meet others  .Any ideas on the various locations of our
members. It sure would h elp some of us less experienced.Most of us are
problably lacking that little something keeping our projects from turning
out. Ron ,Tim is right about showing your stuff, I don't anyone here
started off  on top . Keep doing what you are doing.
> Hi Ron,
>
> You really touched on something that stands out to me.  I hope people are
not showing their work because they feel it's not up to par with our so
called experts.  We are all hear to learn and there is not a single person
in this group that would shoot down anyone's work.  I want this group  to
grow and it's been like pulling teeth to get the 250+ members to
contribute.  So every little project that gets posted means the world to me
and probably many others.  It's just nice to hear it from someone other
than me, Curt or Bill so thank you for your post.

> Face to face meetings are so much fun.  Especially when you create
something and not just talk about the machine.  I don't think we could ever
get a convention going but how cool would that be!  Get 50+ members in a
shop for 3 or 4 days of play time.  Who knows what would come out of that.
I want this group to be a virtual meeting place and inspire people.  I know
it has in the past and I hope it continues in the future.

> -Tim

to me and a fun project for any of us to attempt. I know how you may feel
about your ability and how it may be received by the legacy group, I"ve
been there buddy and found that the guys are anxious to see their
contempory's efforts and really appreciate the info received. We are a
group of friends and I've decided to approach them as I would a group of
guys I knew from a local bar, friendly, interested, and really keen to
learn from a friend's experience. I now feel keen to share my experiences
with my friends and get their feedback, as I know it is not just critical
but supportive. At some time in the future it would be really great for us
to get together at some venue that minimises the costs to us all, but until
then lets all be open and just be supportive, I really look forward to
seeing some of the guys face to face.
>> Best wishes to you all for a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
>> Ron.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Bill Bulkeley <bulke...@mmnet.com.au>
wrote:

>>> a while ago Tim posted that we should do another Christmas ornament
this year.
>>> well I been fooling around with templates and cutting from the side
with small bits with my revo so this might qualify

>>> I found a pic of this strange looking ornament so I had a go at making
it on the legacy and to make it even harder I tried it using a long series
1/8 spiral bit I found in a shop over here.  the success was not as good as
I had hoped for and I had a quite a bit of dermal and file work and a
repair to one of the little posts. its a bit rough but you can get the idea
if I ever did another it might come out better anyway this is it

>>> many small passes and rotating it 4 times for each side I came up with
this. the wood is flame elder sorry I didn't take any pics during machining
as I didn't think it would work out at all