Hi Joe,

I fear you may be right about the tolerances of the ornamental mill.  Just
incase though I will, at some point, upload a few pdf files of guitar necks.
I have attached an image of my first attempt at a lap bass guitar, 8
strings.  This was made on the Larken Router and is a piece longer then the
milling bed, so it was fed through and back many times carving both top and
bottom.  Came out less then an 8th of an inch longer then designed.  You
will notice the body is pretty much a mirror or symmetrical left to right.
 It would be possible to build guitar bodies if you wanted to take the time
to create the various templates/guides.  Once that was done the Legacy 1200
would bang them out much quicker then the Larken.

If I can get the Legacy 1200 mill to plane down material I will be happy.
 34" custom guitar necks can wait.  Though with what little I've used it
thus far I believe if an affordable and accurate DRO system was added it
could make guitar necks and really help me out with layout of long piece to
improve my accuracy when feeding them through the CNC router.

PS the Lap Bass was carved from a solid block of fir because that is what I
had laying around.  A semi hollow body, more boxy version is in the design
phase.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vqJKTqMEVfs/WoxtiEU9a6I/AAAAAAAABMo/7STZ59pQt3AbNI3UGaD6IHfhgZT9EMH7wCLcBGAs/s1600/lapBass.jpg>