Hey Joe!Neat ideas. I cant wait to see your mock-up.
By the way? have you seen these web
sites?http://bicitywoodturners.com/newsletters/articles/Rose_Engine.pdf   The
modern rose.

https://teknatool.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000076497-nova-ornamental-turner
 Nova OT.

http://ornamentalturners.com/  OT international. Gallery is Awesome! Perhaps
the forums could also help?

Have a good night.
C.A.G.
    On Monday, December 10, 2018, 1:49:05 PM EST, 'joe biunno' via Legacy
Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 okay guys, here we go!... I was contacted and asked if I could better
explain/show what is being considered here... so I did a very quick, hand
sketch, of a side/end view of a typical Legacy machine... no need to critique
the quality of the drawing, I know it stinks... but I am at a disadvantage as
my machine is not in my shop, but at another location... so better measurements
and perspectives were not possible... and I did work with an approximate scale
in mind... in the sketch you can see the wave, pattern wheel positioned at the
front of the machine, and attached to the Legacy router carriage... no brackets
shown for that, as that would be pretty straight forward... there might be
about 16 to 20 wheels mounted together, forming a cluster, as you most often
see on a rose engine lathe... this cluster might be in a range of 6" to 8"
wide, not counting the hex drive hubs on either side ... the cluster would
slide along the hex rod running the length of the bed, going left and right...
on the end of the hex rod would be a chain sprocket, looped by chain to another
sprocket, attached to the end of the Legacy lead screw... with that we would
now have the pattern wheels traversing left and right, and rotating as well...
then there would be a "rub" bearing mounted to the sliding router assembly,
with a spring tensioner... so as the rub bearing is pushed against the wave
wheel, the router will have a "pump" action, as on an engine lathe... imagine
being able to do a spiral, with pump action cuts, along a 60" spindle... all
timed perfectly together, so multiple, indexed cuts would be easily possible...
I would point out that I am not sure how well this would all work, without all
axis' being on linear, ball bearings... the Legacy black, top hats could
possibly have too much resistance to make this mod workable... or, some fine
tuning of the top hats would need to be done... well, just an update... I am
considering doing a physical, non-functioning mock-up in wood to see how
everything lays out... it's quick and easy and might point out some problems
that are just not visible at this stage... thanks for the read... Joe