Hello Tim Z.
Roped moldings can be made in a number of ways on the Legacy or the Wood Chuck
Ornamental mills.Like you said the paper glue joint works well, for some jobs.
I know of a few different methods that others here have used. Like using hot
melt glue,double sided tape, Only gluing the ends of the boards being milled
with normal glue, that then cutting away the ends to release the
moldings.Plaster dogs also work well. (being the steel types, or wooden)(( I am
sorry, My computer is not working as it should I can not open my files./post
pictures, If anyone here can help. Please post some pix's of what we are
talking about. I can not do it at this time.)) the idea is to build a center
and then mount the wood/molding piece onto this hub. using this method you can
make half round flat work.
A few years back I made what I call a spindle wheel. (two large disks, where I
cut a number of notches in, to hold a number of small square spindles I wanted
to turn in one turning.., a large pilaster dog type of jig.)I have to hit the
hay now. I will check back in tomorrow.(when I wake up.) ;-)
C.A.G.

    On Thursday, December 13, 2018, 2:36:46 PM EST, Tim Ziegler